You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking an Iphone

Hello everyone,

I wish to buy an iphone 14 pro from US and use it here in India however they are out of stock (at least the any carrier versions). So I have an option to buy one tied to Verizon. Can anyone let me know if this can work in India? Has anyone tried this before? Like can it be unlocked in any way?

Thanks and Regards

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 11:44 AM

It is always best to buy the phone in the country where it will be used. this way you can be sure it will work with local providers. Also, the warranty is only good in the country of purchase and you would need to make a trip to the uS to get it repaired if it ever needs repair.

5 replies

Nov 20, 2022 11:47 AM in response to UnlockingIphones

It will not work in India until it has been used for a period of time in the US. You will have to create an account with Verizon in the US. AFTER you create the account and use it you can request that Verizon unlock the phone.

Where did you go that said that the unlocked version was out of stock? I doubt that it was Apple, which is the only source of unlocked iPhones. No other merchant in the US sells unlocked phones.

Unlocking an Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.