You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird display issue

I have a M1 Mac Mini 12.5.1 with 2 Dell 2415 displays. Recently the image on my displays has occasionally zoomed in. It has happened when I am working on a Keynote presentation with the Keynote window at almost full screen. Suddenly the image will enlarge so that the Keynote window spreads across both screens with about 2 in. of the window in the right display. Of course the bottom of the window is no longer accessible as you can't move a window above the tool bar. The only fix I have found is to reboot. Any suggestions?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 5:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 12:25 AM

It looks like you accidentally zoomed in the whole display.

The default way to do it is by holding down the Control key while doing a scroll up gesture. Hold down the Control key and do the scroll down gesture to zoom back out.

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 21, 2022 7:33 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks. It took awhile for me to succeed at your suggestion. I am not on a laptop however I do have a trackpad. The scroll up and down didn't do any thing when I used the scroll bar or the scroll on my trackball. Those are 99% of my scrolling. It wasn't until I tried the trackpad that I was successful. I must have inadvertently brushed the trackpad and failed to notice it. I will try using that for a brief magnification technique.

Weird display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.