You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care for an iPad

I got an iPad through my phone carrier and they are charging me $25/month for insurance. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to get AppleCare. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:02 AM

AppleCare+ for iPad and the insurance provided through your Cellular carrier may significantly differ. Your carrier may provide cover for both loss/theft and damage - whereas AppleCare+ offers no cover at all for loss/theft of an iPad.

Also consider that new AppleCare+ cover can only be obtained within 60-days of the original purchase date of the device.

Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Best_known_as

AppleCare+ for iPad and the insurance provided through your Cellular carrier may significantly differ. Your carrier may provide cover for both loss/theft and damage - whereas AppleCare+ offers no cover at all for loss/theft of an iPad.

Also consider that new AppleCare+ cover can only be obtained within 60-days of the original purchase date of the device.

Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Apple Care for an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.