You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac app DVD player is missing

Mac app DVD player is missing. Where can I download it?

I did download a package from this Apple Support page: DVD Player 4.6

But the package won't open.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7 (my hardware is maxed, can't run 10.16).

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Hello hand2mouse,

The DVD player is built into the system software, it's not something you need to or can download separately. When you insert a DVD, the DVD player should automatically open. If it doesn't try pressing the Space bar after inserting the DVD.

Play a DVD or DVD movie file in DVD Player on Mac

If the DVD player is not working, here's some steps you can try: Troubleshooting DVD Player on Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2022 12:52 PM in response to hand2mouse

Hello hand2mouse,

The DVD player is built into the system software, it's not something you need to or can download separately. When you insert a DVD, the DVD player should automatically open. If it doesn't try pressing the Space bar after inserting the DVD.

Play a DVD or DVD movie file in DVD Player on Mac

If the DVD player is not working, here's some steps you can try: Troubleshooting DVD Player on Mac

Cheers!

Mac app DVD player is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.