You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download High Sierra 10.13.6 for my iMac Mid 2011?

I don't want to screw this up!

I used a link from a bdAqua post earlier this year to download a file named "Install macOS High Sierra that is partially opened and on my Desktop.

and in my Applications folder.

In Applications Folder.

I am not sure about my Backup taking place, which is part of the reason to do a reinstall. I tried to do a Backup yesterday and let it go until tonight but nothing has changed in the Time Machine App.

I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

FYI my BU External HD is 4TB and has been in use for a while. It shows only 350-400GB available but I was hoping it would over-write old data but at the bottom of the Time Machine it keeps showing "in progress" but never seems to do anything. Should I just wipe the External HD clean, reformat and try to Backup again or what are your suggestions?

Andy

iMac 27″

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 6:53 PM

Use Disk Utility's Fist Aid on both drives.

macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications

General Requirements

• OS X 10.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 14.3GB of available storage to perform upgrade*
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
  • Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

macappstores://apps.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

f you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

If you’re short of bandwidth or data… Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2022 6:53 PM in response to andyhutch1947

Use Disk Utility's Fist Aid on both drives.

General Requirements

• OS X 10.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 14.3GB of available storage to perform upgrade*
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
  • Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

macappstores://apps.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

f you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

If you’re short of bandwidth or data… Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded

Nov 21, 2022 10:45 PM in response to BDAqua

Ran Disk Utility App, First Aid on Macintosh HD and...

Volume was OK.

Ran First Aid on the BU Volume and not so good. FAILED!

Ran First Aid on the 5 TB External HD with my Photo Library's on it and it FAILED as well.

OPERATION FAILED!_Unable to Unmount Volume For Repair.

I guess I'll head to SAM'S to buy a couple HDs tomorrow. Any recommendations on External HDs to buy, or NOT TO BUY!

After I format the new drives, set up the Back Up drive and copy my Photo Library files over, should I still Re-Install High Sierra using the change the System Date Method and reinstall? I am a little lost here.

Andy

Nov 22, 2022 10:40 PM in response to andyhutch1947

Well I found (2) new 6 TB Western Digital Element External HD, still in the boxes, that I bought a couple years ago and hid them and forgot about them, until last night. They aren't what was suggested but for now they will take the place of the drive that I had downloaded my PHOTOS App files to. I realize that the iCloud file had 171,000 items and it took over 4 days to download them to the External HD that was bad so I replaced it and going to use it for now. I am going to use the other 6 TB Western Digital Elements External HD as a replacement for my Backup drive.

I did purchase (2) of the new 8 TB Firewire drives and when they get in I will use 1 to replace my new Backup Ext HD. I ran a First Aid on another External HD and it needed replacing. I use to use the Firewire drives all the time when I was editing video and loved them but at that time they weren't very big yet so it was getting too expensive because it was a new product. Now Covid has everyone jumping through their *** and everything is sky high because transportation is so high and I refuse to say anything political on here, um um um!

Another External HD is bad too!

Andy

[Edited by Moderator]

Nov 22, 2022 12:30 PM in response to Jack-19

I tried going to the App Store and Updates and it doesn’t show up. Many years ago I took my iMac to an authorized Apple Repair store to have my internal 1 TB Macintosh drive replaced because it was bad. I upgraded to a 2 TB Internal drive and the store upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and copied all of my data to the new drive. So they did the upgrade without it appearing in my downloads or Apple Store. So I can’t do any updates now.

How to download High Sierra 10.13.6 for my iMac Mid 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.