You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find my iPhone's recovery key?

Where do I find my recovery key? The message says, “you can use your recovery key” but I don’t remember making one. I’ve looked in my settings and can’t find anything about it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:03 PM

Recovery key is optional.

This article explains how it’s done:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

CAUTION: Generating a recovery key inhibits Apple account recovery service.

You are solely responsible for maintaining your credentials; if you loose them for whatever reason, your account will become permanently inaccessible to you.

Use with caution, and I’d suggest ONLY if you have a fairly mature disaster recovery plan in-place.

i.e. if a regional natural disaster were to carry-away ALL of your trusted devices and home and office paperwork …

… can you STILL get yourself back into all your accounts starting with ONLY your memory and a browser ???

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2022 9:03 PM in response to Itsjustme1993

Recovery key is optional.

This article explains how it’s done:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

CAUTION: Generating a recovery key inhibits Apple account recovery service.

You are solely responsible for maintaining your credentials; if you loose them for whatever reason, your account will become permanently inaccessible to you.

Use with caution, and I’d suggest ONLY if you have a fairly mature disaster recovery plan in-place.

i.e. if a regional natural disaster were to carry-away ALL of your trusted devices and home and office paperwork …

… can you STILL get yourself back into all your accounts starting with ONLY your memory and a browser ???

Where do I find my iPhone's recovery key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.