You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working from Macbook to

I have just bought a brand new LG TV and while Airplay works fine from my iPhone 11 Pro it is it will not work from my early 2015 MacBook Air. MacBook is running the latest operating system and is up to date. When I choose the TV on the video player the screen goes blank as you would expect and the TV shows this then goes no further.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:42 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2022 5:30 PM in response to ChrisMoore105

Hi ChrisMoore105,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. The steps below, which are taken from If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support, should help get started troubleshooting the issue you're having with AirPlay from your Mac:

Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

If you still need help after that, we would recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have access to the tools and resources needed to further assist. You can reach them here: Get Support.

Have a lovely day.

Airplay not working from Macbook to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.