You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring

Can I screen mirror my ipad to my windows computer? Is this the same as using my ipad as a second monitor? Can I do that as well?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 1:37 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2022 2:40 PM in response to lizzy5891

No.

Screen mirroring will only work with a Mac or a dedicated monitor or through an AirPlay 2 capable device, like any AirPlay 2 compatible TV or streaming box, like an AppleTV or Roku streaming box.

You cannot mirror an iPad to a computer monitor that is being used for a Windows PC, unless the monitor boasts additional video in inputs to use with other video devices.

If this Windows PC monitor has,multiple video inputs, you could purchase one of Apple's appropriate digtal AV adapters using an appropriate connection cable to hardwire the iPad's video out to an extra input on your Windows PC monitor to mirror your iPads screen.

Also, Apple has not, as yet, officially added external monitor support to the new iPadOS 16 Stage Manager feature.

Look for Apple to, officially, release the extended monitor support, to the iPadOS 16 Stage Manager feature, in a future iPadOS 16 update.

The Stage Manager extended monitor support feature will ONLY work witn other Macs, when it is, eventually, released.

Good Luck to You!

Screen Mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.