You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the original Apple TV service still exist or do we have to purchase Apple TV+?

I tried to watch several shows on Apple TV which we have a subscription for, but everything I selected says I either have to pay an additional amount for it or I have to upgrade to Apple TV+. Is the "legacy" Apple TV streaming service gone now? And if not, is there anything remotely new still left on it? I guess I'm trying to sort out what I'm paying for. I don't see anything available for me to select.

3810X,

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:02 PM

There is no “legacy” Apple TV streaming service. Apple TV+ was Apple’s entry into streaming services, since November 2019.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device, you can access:

The Apple TV+ content is all-access without any further payments to subscribers. Navigate to the tv+ tab to see all the included content there. Content that is not part of the Apple TV+ catalog will have to be paid for separately, same as non-subscribers.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2022 11:02 PM in response to NatKat1010

There is no “legacy” Apple TV streaming service. Apple TV+ was Apple’s entry into streaming services, since November 2019.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device, you can access:

The Apple TV+ content is all-access without any further payments to subscribers. Navigate to the tv+ tab to see all the included content there. Content that is not part of the Apple TV+ catalog will have to be paid for separately, same as non-subscribers.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

Does the original Apple TV service still exist or do we have to purchase Apple TV+?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.