You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock / Date & Time

Downloaded Ventura,

Loads of bugs including my top menu bar clock saying 7.30 pm when it should say 19.30 pm because I have both green buttons in in Clock and Date & Time?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:49 PM

In Settings > Clock > Clock Options… panel, with 24-hr time there is no a.m. or p.m. indicator. If you have Show AM/PM selected and then enable Use a 24-hour clock, it will automatically disable showing AM/PM. That is not a bug.

When I slide that Use a 24-hour time option to on, my menu extras date/time instantly switches to 24-hr time and AM/PM is disabled as it should be.

Do you have Wi-Fi and location services enabled in Privacy & Security. I do and lack the non-24hr date that seems to be clinging to you.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Bardonicloud

In Settings > Clock > Clock Options… panel, with 24-hr time there is no a.m. or p.m. indicator. If you have Show AM/PM selected and then enable Use a 24-hour clock, it will automatically disable showing AM/PM. That is not a bug.

When I slide that Use a 24-hour time option to on, my menu extras date/time instantly switches to 24-hr time and AM/PM is disabled as it should be.

Do you have Wi-Fi and location services enabled in Privacy & Security. I do and lack the non-24hr date that seems to be clinging to you.

Nov 24, 2022 12:07 PM in response to dialabrain

Right, thank you.

As I was saying above this is what I have set:

Perhaps this is probably nothing to do with Ventura -- and everything to do with this Macbook that has been problematic since an overheating issue (given 2 x inspections at the Apple store and passed) and the instability of any OS (Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura), including clean installs and rebuilds with not using time machine, -- because I guess there isn't another solution?

Cheers

Nov 24, 2022 2:16 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks very much, it's sorted!

Yes, I incorrectly mentioned the am/pm in the OP above when referring to 24 hrs clocks.

Wondering, was there a Clock Options setting in Monterey and previous OS's?

What is the difference between the two (Date and Time and Clock) because I thought there was only one place this info is being displayed, namely in the date and time field in the top right menu, and it used to take a few seconds to find and change unlike with Ventura? I find the new Ventura System Preferences much more time consuming to figure out.

(My Ventura is buggy, as was Monterey when I moved from Mojave which I was on before the fan/cooling problems, Level 2 are dealing with it, so I jumped to conclusions.

Nov 24, 2022 2:39 PM in response to VikingOSX

VikingOSX wrote:

There is no "Settings > Clock > Clock Options…", however there is a System Settings > Control Center > Clock > Clock Options… and I did mention the AM/PM issue. As well as posting a screen shot.

Clock / Date & Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.