You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook overriding iOS

With reference to the thread iPhone won't ring when Facebook App is op… - Apple Community

I recently purchased iPhone 14 for my father and the phone continues to have problems with Facebook app. The phone does not rings after Facebook app is used. The Apple Support is brushing it off saying it is an app issue. How can it be an app issue when hardware controls are relinquished to the app by iOS? Where is the due diligence in ensuring an app does not takes over an iOS? It is negligence that allows a phone to be converted to an App device and the basic function of the phone is given up. Cherry on the top is the brushing off of the issue to simply being an app issue.

Please share your plans to remediate this issue urgently

iPhone 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 12:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 12:44 AM

Facebook is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Messenger is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Messenger Help Center | Facebook

If you're having trouble logging into your Facebook account, here are some things you can try. Go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions. Make sure to use a computer or mobile phone that you have previously used to log into your Facebook account. Search for the account you want to recover.

I can't log in to Facebook. | Facebook Help Center

Even you may see this --> Fix a Problem | Facebook Help Center

Still not solved then --> Report a Login Issue | Facebook

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2022 12:44 AM in response to mortalSouls

Facebook is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Messenger is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Messenger Help Center | Facebook

If you're having trouble logging into your Facebook account, here are some things you can try. Go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions. Make sure to use a computer or mobile phone that you have previously used to log into your Facebook account. Search for the account you want to recover.

I can't log in to Facebook. | Facebook Help Center

Even you may see this --> Fix a Problem | Facebook Help Center

Still not solved then --> Report a Login Issue | Facebook

Nov 25, 2022 1:03 AM in response to SravanKrA

Dear SravanKra, Facebook is not an Apple product but iOS is an Apple provided software used for iPhones.

the question raised is about relinquishing the phone controls to app. iPhone in the name itself spells out Phone, if an app overrides primary functionality of the Phone, it is the issue of Phone maker.

if you have a solution, please share the link, I will be happy to follow the instructions, if not then please do not point me at different doors

Facebook overriding iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.