You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP G5 Dock connection

Recently my company sent me a HP G5 USB C dock to use for work laptop (HP laptop). I have Macbook Pro M1 Max 14 in laptop and two 4k monitors that I am trying to connect for my personal use. Currently when I connect, the monitor displays are mirrored and I know why given some of the answers on the internet. However, I have found that when I connect USB C from One of the monitors directly to my Macbook Pro, then connect other monitor to dock directly using the DisplayPort, I can get it to work. My concern is that would having 1 USB C cable from Dock and 1 USB C cable directly from monitor connected to my Macbook cause any kind of Damage?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:30 AM

No damage whatsoever.

The Mac supports a maximum of two daisy chained displays, ONLY on a genuine Thunderbolt cable to a genuine Thunderbolt device (display or dock). The Mac does not support multiple displays on a USB cable.

Similar questions

1 reply

HP G5 Dock connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.