You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from ipad

I can no longer print any of the files in Pages on my iPad. Every time I try to do so I get a message "file type not supported".

The printer I am using is an HP LaserPrintPro MFP 28w, and it has always printed from Pages before. It still happily prints from other apps on my iPad, such as Notes and email.

It seems to me it could be a problem with Pages, and deleting that and reinstalling it might resolve it - but I've got lots of stuff in my Pages, and I'd very much like to avoid losing it.

My iPad is quite a recent one (9th generation) and recently I upgraded from iOS 15 to iOS 16, but I'm sure I have printed from my iPad since I did that. And I've tried reinstalling HP Smart, but that hasn’t made any difference.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'd be grateful to have them. ( The check in list here didn’t provide an option for 9th generation iPads or for Pages for iPad, and I had to select 10th generation, and Pages for Mac)

If anybody

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 4:53 PM

6 replies

Printing from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.