You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“ReceiverHelper” will damage your computer.what is this about and how to quit and close this alert?

i have this alert on my mac and i don't know how to remove it and does this mean that my Mac is under threaten

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 9:24 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2022 5:45 PM in response to fouad108

A couple possibilities come to mind. They may or may not be malicious.

Please download and run EtreCheck. A download link and instructions are included in Old Toad's User Tip, here:

How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community.

Post that report in a reply to this Discussion in accordance with its instructions. It is almost certain to identify the culprit, after which someone can suggest remedial action.

“ReceiverHelper” will damage your computer.what is this about and how to quit and close this alert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.