You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are iPhone 11 Pro screen mirroring problems with apple tv generation 3 model A1469. I can’t play video will full screen image showing. I used to be able to. Is the Apple TV model A1469 obsolete now?

Are there issues with iPhone 11 Pro screen mirroring video with apple tv generation 3 model A1469

I can not get most new videos to play and if they do Apple TV freezes when full screen view selected

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:34 AM

Some content providers may not allow AirPlay. Some content providers make no effort to make their stream AirPlay compatible. Some content providers have minimum system requirements for the AirPlay receiving device (e.g. 4th generation or later).

Please tell us what you were trying to stream (from which app or content provider). Then the reactions can be more certain.

Screen mirroring takes the iPhone screen size (19.5:9) as source, which is not 16:9 (unless the app automatically switches to basic AirPlay to stream just the video itself). That means some letterboxing will be applied to make it fit.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2022 11:34 AM in response to PaulVanderhoeden

Some content providers may not allow AirPlay. Some content providers make no effort to make their stream AirPlay compatible. Some content providers have minimum system requirements for the AirPlay receiving device (e.g. 4th generation or later).

Please tell us what you were trying to stream (from which app or content provider). Then the reactions can be more certain.

Screen mirroring takes the iPhone screen size (19.5:9) as source, which is not 16:9 (unless the app automatically switches to basic AirPlay to stream just the video itself). That means some letterboxing will be applied to make it fit.

Are iPhone 11 Pro screen mirroring problems with apple tv generation 3 model A1469. I can’t play video will full screen image showing. I used to be able to. Is the Apple TV model A1469 obsolete now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.