You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR will not send messages to androids

My iPhone XR will not send text pictures to android phones.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 2:07 PM

Texting to a non-iPhone uses SMS and MMS messaging, which are cellular network services. First, you need to have a cellular voice connection (for SMS). You also need to have a cellular data connection to send MMS (photo) content; it can’t use Wi-Fi.

So after assuring that you can make voice calls, open Settings/Messages and turn on MMS. If you don’t see an MMS switch it means that your carrier has not enabled your phone for MMS; call their tech support and ask them to “provision” MMS on your cellular phone line.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2022 2:07 PM in response to BigBoyFoley

Texting to a non-iPhone uses SMS and MMS messaging, which are cellular network services. First, you need to have a cellular voice connection (for SMS). You also need to have a cellular data connection to send MMS (photo) content; it can’t use Wi-Fi.

So after assuring that you can make voice calls, open Settings/Messages and turn on MMS. If you don’t see an MMS switch it means that your carrier has not enabled your phone for MMS; call their tech support and ask them to “provision” MMS on your cellular phone line.

My iPhone XR will not send messages to androids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.