You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newer Photos app not working with iMovie 11

I just purchased iMovie 11 (had to get an install DVD because I need an old version of iMovie for my Mac and I could not get it through the app store). It's working fine, however I can't access any of my photos in iMovie. I think this is because I have a newer version of the Photos app. iPhoto 11 came on my install dvd, but it doesn't work on my computer. Is there a way to import my photos (not videos) into iMovie 11?

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 4:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 6:49 PM

iMovie ‘11 (with apostrophe) is iMovie 9, a discontinued app. As I recall, it cannot read the photos in the newer Photos app.

Try exporting your photos from the Photos app to a folder on your deskto, and from there dragging them into iMovie 9.

— Rich

3 replies

Newer Photos app not working with iMovie 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.