You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating payment method expiration and CVV

How do you update your credit card on record when all that is changing is the expiration date and CVV? On iOS, you can't update the existing card and when you try to add the 'new' card, the system looks only at the card number, not the expiration date or CVV, and thinks that the new card is the same as the old one and rejects the attempt. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 10:14 AM

ToddLAustin wrote:

I've never used the Wallet app. This is the payment method associated with my AppleID and with Apple Pay.

This is a bit confusing.

If it's using Apple Pay, then it uses payment methods added to the Wallet App, not payment methods added to your Apple ID. Apple Pay us used though the Wallet app. If you aren't using the Wallet App, then you aren't using Apple Pay.

Payment methods added to the Wallet App, however, can be used for purchases using your Apple ID in the iTunes and App Stores.

Purchases and subscriptions in the iTunes and App stores have nothing to do with Apple Pay.

If you want to update your payment methods on your Apple ID, then follow the steps here: link ➜ If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2022 10:14 AM in response to ToddLAustin

ToddLAustin wrote:

I've never used the Wallet app. This is the payment method associated with my AppleID and with Apple Pay.

This is a bit confusing.

If it's using Apple Pay, then it uses payment methods added to the Wallet App, not payment methods added to your Apple ID. Apple Pay us used though the Wallet app. If you aren't using the Wallet App, then you aren't using Apple Pay.

Payment methods added to the Wallet App, however, can be used for purchases using your Apple ID in the iTunes and App Stores.

Purchases and subscriptions in the iTunes and App stores have nothing to do with Apple Pay.

If you want to update your payment methods on your Apple ID, then follow the steps here: link ➜ If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Updating payment method expiration and CVV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.