You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My messages on my MacBook Air are not delivering to an android

my MacBook air can't send an iMessage to an android phone. It says "failure"

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 3:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 4:02 PM

Hello abbyfromwestboro,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. When sending messages to users using Android, that would be SMS text messages. iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to other users that use an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

So to help troubleshoot the inability of sending SMS text messages to users that use an Android device, let's ensure that text message forwarding is turned on for your MacBook Air. To do this, please go on your iPhone and navigate to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. Verify that your MacBook Air is toggled on. Then, let's go ahead and make sure that you can send SMS text messages to Android users without any issue.

These steps are outlined in this helpful article, if you need to reference them: Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 4:02 PM in response to abbyfromwestboro

Hello abbyfromwestboro,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. When sending messages to users using Android, that would be SMS text messages. iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to other users that use an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

So to help troubleshoot the inability of sending SMS text messages to users that use an Android device, let's ensure that text message forwarding is turned on for your MacBook Air. To do this, please go on your iPhone and navigate to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. Verify that your MacBook Air is toggled on. Then, let's go ahead and make sure that you can send SMS text messages to Android users without any issue.

These steps are outlined in this helpful article, if you need to reference them: Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

My messages on my MacBook Air are not delivering to an android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.