You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't attach a photo from "Albums" in Mail (Ventura 13.0.1)

Ever since upgrading to the latest OSI (Ventura 13.0.1) 2 days ago, I can no longer attach a photo to an email, which is in an "ALBUM" in "PHOTOS." Albums are not available at all as a choice! What's the deal with that? So annoying!

I also had a horrible time trying to get the little "New Email" messages -- a rather long list of them -- to go away from the right side of the screen. They finally went away after about 10 minutes of trying different things, and I'm not even sure what I did to make them go away. I tried clicking on the little "X" up in the left-hand corner of these messages, to no avail. Come on, Apple ... what did you do to mess up my email program? It's really disappointing to have to deal with errors in a major upgrade like this!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:40 AM

Q - Ever since upgrading to the latest OSI (Ventura 13.0.1) 2 days ago, I can no longer attach a photo to an email, which is in an "ALBUM" in "PHOTOS." Albums are not available at all as a choice! What's the deal with that? So annoying! "

A - In the Photos Application and choose the picture of choice

A - In Tool Bar of Photos choose the Sharer Button and choose the method >> " Mail "

A - It should Open Mail in a New E-mail message with the photo (s) in the message

A - At least it has worked on both Ventura Computer I use and even in a old Big Sierra computer

refer below image

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2022 7:40 AM in response to vreelands1

Q - Ever since upgrading to the latest OSI (Ventura 13.0.1) 2 days ago, I can no longer attach a photo to an email, which is in an "ALBUM" in "PHOTOS." Albums are not available at all as a choice! What's the deal with that? So annoying! "

A - In the Photos Application and choose the picture of choice

A - In Tool Bar of Photos choose the Sharer Button and choose the method >> " Mail "

A - It should Open Mail in a New E-mail message with the photo (s) in the message

A - At least it has worked on both Ventura Computer I use and even in a old Big Sierra computer

refer below image

Nov 30, 2022 7:08 AM in response to vreelands1

vreelands1 wrote:

Ever since upgrading to the latest OSI (Ventura 13.0.1) 2 days ago, I can no longer attach a photo to an email, which is in an "ALBUM" in "PHOTOS." Albums are not available at all as a choice! What's the deal with that? So annoying!

I also had a horrible time trying to get the little "New Email" messages -- a rather long list of them -- to go away from the right side of the screen. They finally went away after about 10 minutes of trying different things, and I'm not even sure what I did to make them go away. I tried clicking on the little "X" up in the left-hand corner of these messages, to no avail. Come on, Apple ... what did you do to mess up my email program? It's really disappointing to have to deal with errors in a major upgrade like this!

macOS Ventura...

I always drag photo(s) to the Desktop first, and attach to mail from there. Never had an issue.

You can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Dec 1, 2022 1:20 PM in response to vreelands1

Q - " However, I really do feel the people at Apple who made this particular change in the operating system (in regard to the way "Mail" works), are thinking backwards, and that annoys me. "

Q - " Thank you so much for your friendly comment -- but that's not the issue here. :-) "

Based upon the above ➡️

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issues. Perhaps they will listen.

Have taken enough of the Users' time.

Good luck with this computer issue

Nov 30, 2022 7:30 AM in response to leroydouglas

Yes, I have had to do that on occasion, and it's always easier to attach the photo that way ... but old habits die hard, and I've been able to select a photo from: "Photos>Albums" on my Mac products forever. So to have that ability taken away seems like a big step backward by Apple. All that does is force people to now copy all their photos onto the desktop (or folder on the hard drive), using up more memory than merely keeping everything in "Photos." I just don't understand why that feature needed to be omitted from this new update to the operating system. It makes zero sense!

Dec 1, 2022 8:19 AM in response to léonie

Thanks all so much for these suggestions. However, I really do feel the people at Apple who made this particular change in the operating system (in regard to the way "Mail" works), are thinking backwards, and that annoys me. When I compose an email, I select an image LAST, after writing my message. In other words, my emails are MESSAGE-DRIVEN ... not "image-driven." I just wish they would have left this option available to those of us who have this type of process to their thinking. I will have to adapt, I suppose ... but I have to voice my objection ... it makes absolutely no sense to me to delete the option of selecting a photo at the end of a message.

Dec 1, 2022 8:30 AM in response to vreelands1

We are thinking only about the sender( you ) side of this equation.

In reality the picture in the e-mail on the Recipients Side of the equation will determine exactly how the picture will be rendered

So e-mail clients will render the picture as a File Attachment while other e-mail clients will render it as embedded in the message

Just where the embedded picture will appear - the e-mail client will determine that

This is meant and intended as a friendly comment 😀

Dec 1, 2022 11:53 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you, but my objection has nothing to do with whether or not an image is embedded in a recipient's email, or how it will be rendered. This has to do with my ability to SELECT an image from my Photos folder -- specifically the photo "ALBUMS" as I used to be able to do, rather than having to now select an image inside the photos folder initially, and creating an email there, by using the "Share" button. Thank you so much for your friendly comment -- but that's not the issue here. :-)

Can't attach a photo from "Albums" in Mail (Ventura 13.0.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.