You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts have disappeared on one macbook air only.

My contacts have disappeared on one macbook air only. They are still on my iphone and other macbook. I tried restoring my contact data using the steps suggested by apple via iCloud.com but my contacts are still blank on one macbook. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 11:07 AM

JJ_P,

Thank you for that info. When you open the Contacts app on the Mac, what do you see in the left-hand column? If you have multiple entries there, like groups or other accounts, make sure you have "All Contacts" selected. Let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2022 11:07 AM in response to JJ_P

JJ_P,

Thank you for that info. When you open the Contacts app on the Mac, what do you see in the left-hand column? If you have multiple entries there, like groups or other accounts, make sure you have "All Contacts" selected. Let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

Dec 3, 2022 4:00 PM in response to JJ_P

Hello JJ_P,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

In order to determine what may be happening, could you please confirm if your contacts are stored in iCloud? Do you see them if you log in to the iCloud website?

If so, on the Mac with the missing contacts, do the steps in here help? Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

This info can help determine what may be happening and what options are available.

Cheers!

Dec 3, 2022 6:49 PM in response to Bryan_K1

Thanks for your help. Yes, I can see my contacts on my iPhone, on another MacBook, and when I log into the iCloud website. I followed the instructions for setting up iCloud for contacts on all devices several times. I also restarted the computer but I still can't see my contacts. When I open contacts, it says No Cards. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

My contacts have disappeared on one macbook air only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.