You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

horizontal lines across screen

horizontal lines across screen on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) what is the cause and how do I fix?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:19 PM

RussSnedker wrote:

horizontal lines across screen on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) what is the cause and how do I fix?

This would indicate a hardware failure—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 12:19 PM in response to RussSnedker

RussSnedker wrote:

This would indicate a hardware failure—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

horizontal lines across screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.