You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air - 4K?

Hi, I've recently brought a MacBook Air M2 (2022) and I've just brought a 4k film from Apple TV to watch. For some reason it's showing in my library as HD, I thought this was because I had downloaded it, but I deleted the download and it's still showing as HD??

Does anyone know what's happened here and how I can watch the film in 4k?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 9:30 AM

The commonly accepted definition of the generic "4K" resolution refers to a display with a horizontal pixel count of approximately 4000 pixels, hence the name. The MacBook Air with M2 chip has a horizontal pixel count of 2560.

There are plenty of compatible monitors. I like the Apple Studio Display which has a horizontal pixel count of 5120, commonly referred to as "5K". It is compatible with your model MacBook Air.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Skip01

The commonly accepted definition of the generic "4K" resolution refers to a display with a horizontal pixel count of approximately 4000 pixels, hence the name. The MacBook Air with M2 chip has a horizontal pixel count of 2560.

There are plenty of compatible monitors. I like the Apple Studio Display which has a horizontal pixel count of 5120, commonly referred to as "5K". It is compatible with your model MacBook Air.

MacBook Air - 4K?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.