You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail v16.0 with OS Monterey 12.6.1 (MacBook Air) -- Not showing Attachment Icon for incoming mail

I know this has been asked elsewhere but not for some time and not with a satisfactory answer. Does anyone know how to make Apple Mail show the attachment icon in the relevant attachment column when viewing mail in Column View, please.

Not immediately seeing that emails have attachments is disconcerting!

I know how to make the relevant column show but nothing I have been ankle to do makes the attachment icon show there when an email does have ran attachment.

I should say that this problem seems restricted to incoming mail. Outgoing messages do clearly show not just the paperclip icon but also the number of items attached.

Many thanks.

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 9:00 AM

2 replies

Apple Mail v16.0 with OS Monterey 12.6.1 (MacBook Air) -- Not showing Attachment Icon for incoming mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.