You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to know how to reset the time and date on my Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 11:12 AM

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but here are some things about time on the watch:

• The Apple Watch follows the time on your iPhone, and that is set by GPS to be the correct time. You can change the time on the iPhone, though, with Settings>General>Date & Time and turn off "Set Automatically." The watch should follow along.

• You can have your watch indicate ahead of time (I guess for people who tend to run late?) by going to your watch Settings>Clock and set it to read up to an hour ahead.

• If something weird is going on with the watch, you can restart it by pushing the crown and side buttons for about 10 seconds and releasing when the Apple logo appears. That might fix it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Sweetiepie-1951

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but here are some things about time on the watch:

• The Apple Watch follows the time on your iPhone, and that is set by GPS to be the correct time. You can change the time on the iPhone, though, with Settings>General>Date & Time and turn off "Set Automatically." The watch should follow along.

• You can have your watch indicate ahead of time (I guess for people who tend to run late?) by going to your watch Settings>Clock and set it to read up to an hour ahead.

• If something weird is going on with the watch, you can restart it by pushing the crown and side buttons for about 10 seconds and releasing when the Apple logo appears. That might fix it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.