You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to STOP safari or chrome from closing all open tabs upon quitting the app on my mac?

How can I STOP safari or chrome from closing all my open tabs upon quitting the app on my mac? I have adjusted the settings to Safari: open to all windows from last session and on chrome to resume where left off but upon quitting, all tabs r closed again! Is it something related to the macbook settings? I am running macOS ventura 13.

Any help?

NB: Clearing all data, restarting, checking malware, profiles, etc. did not work.

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 2:58 PM

Make sure "Close windows when quitting an application" is disabled in System Settings > Desktop & Dock.

5 replies

How to STOP safari or chrome from closing all open tabs upon quitting the app on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.