You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Setting / Apple ID, iCloud is not active

I switched my iPhone 12 Pro Max to a iPhone 14 Pro Max. All is good except the XXXX Apple ID, iCloud+, Media & Purchases are greyed out — I am connected with my Apple ID and have the iCloud File folder with updated files and e-mail is no issue. I don't know where to start.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 12:35 PM

Hello Phillip Jones,

If you're unable to access specific iCloud or Apple ID features on your iPhone, you'll want to make sure your account doesn't need verified or updated in any way. Use a browser to visit the Apple ID website here: Manage your Apple ID

Check for any prompts regarding your account or payment method, and update them as needed.

You'll also want to be sure your iPhone 14 Pro Max is updated to the latest iOS version, which is iOS 16.1.2. You can check that by going to Settings > General > About > Software Version. To learn more about updating your iPhone, have a look at this support article: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the steps we've provided above don't seem to resolve the issue for you, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for more help. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at your account and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 12:35 PM in response to Phillip Jones

Hello Phillip Jones,

If you're unable to access specific iCloud or Apple ID features on your iPhone, you'll want to make sure your account doesn't need verified or updated in any way. Use a browser to visit the Apple ID website here: Manage your Apple ID

Check for any prompts regarding your account or payment method, and update them as needed.

You'll also want to be sure your iPhone 14 Pro Max is updated to the latest iOS version, which is iOS 16.1.2. You can check that by going to Settings > General > About > Software Version. To learn more about updating your iPhone, have a look at this support article: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the steps we've provided above don't seem to resolve the issue for you, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for more help. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at your account and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone 14 Setting / Apple ID, iCloud is not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.