You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I edit and export in different frame rates?

Basically Im making a movie in Final Cut Pro. Im filming some 60fps footage that I intend to slow down for B-roll. However, I want to export the movie at 25fps. Can I select 25fps when starting the movie, or will the 60 fps footage automatically convert to 25 fps, meaning that if i slowed it down to say, 50% speed, it would only be playing at 12 fps? Or will it not effect it? Should I just edit in 60fps, but then export in 25?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 10:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 2:35 AM

Edit at 25. FCP will automatically adjust the the 60 clips to match the 25 timeline by dropping frames. You have a few options you can choose from on how it interprets this.

To make slomo select a clip and use the Retiming menu to choose Automatic Speed. This will play every frame and appear as slomo in the 25fps project.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2022 2:35 AM in response to SQUISHYFACE736

Edit at 25. FCP will automatically adjust the the 60 clips to match the 25 timeline by dropping frames. You have a few options you can choose from on how it interprets this.

To make slomo select a clip and use the Retiming menu to choose Automatic Speed. This will play every frame and appear as slomo in the 25fps project.

Should I edit and export in different frame rates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.