You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil broken

I dropped my Apple Pencil (gen 1) and now the gold tip has broken off. Is there any way to get it repaired? I don’t think I have the warranty anymore since I’ve had it for 3 years, so can I still pay for a repair if possible? Or is the only option to get an entirely new Apple Pencil?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Rendoves wrote:

I dropped my Apple Pencil (gen 1) and now the gold tip has broken off. Is there any way to get it repaired? I don’t think I have the warranty anymore since I’ve had it for 3 years, so can I still pay for a repair if possible? Or is the only option to get an entirely new Apple Pencil?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/cd344c72-c1a3-4f5d-bf4c-2cbe455e0d6f

Apple Pencils are not repairable.

If this Pencil is less than one-year old, you can get another free replacement from Apple.

If your Apple Pencil is over a year old, then you will need to purchase another new Apple Pencil on your own.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2022 3:23 PM in response to Rendoves

Rendoves wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/cd344c72-c1a3-4f5d-bf4c-2cbe455e0d6f

Apple Pencils are not repairable.

If this Pencil is less than one-year old, you can get another free replacement from Apple.

If your Apple Pencil is over a year old, then you will need to purchase another new Apple Pencil on your own.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Apple Pencil broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.