You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't watch Facebook videos on my Mac

Why don't FB videos play on my Mac?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 3:21 AM

First thing is make sure the computer is running the latest version of Ventura version 13.0.1

Second, is the video download to the computer ? If so use the Builtin QuickTime Player application located in in the Outer Folder of Launchpad or search Quicktime in Search of Finder

Thirdly, if above does not work communicate with FaceBook as per link provided Help Center - Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com › help

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 3:21 AM in response to quilter61

First thing is make sure the computer is running the latest version of Ventura version 13.0.1

Second, is the video download to the computer ? If so use the Builtin QuickTime Player application located in in the Outer Folder of Launchpad or search Quicktime in Search of Finder

Thirdly, if above does not work communicate with FaceBook as per link provided Help Center - Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com › help

Dec 5, 2022 6:22 AM in response to PRP_53

Ventura software is running version 13.0.1

The video is not downloaded.

I am trying to watch it on my iMac directly from FB. The video is displayed on a page I follow on FB. When I click the play button it plays for a few seconds then displays the message "Sorry, we're having trouble with playing this video" Try again. Nothing I have tried works. I have sent a message to FB.

If I use the FB app on my iPad the video plays OK.

I can't watch Facebook videos on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.