You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro keeps needing to be force quit, why?

I just got the 2021 16in MacBook Pro. Every time I use final cuts it indicates that my system has run out of application memory. It shows Final Cut Pro is using 82gbs. Why is this happening? It’s extremely frustrating because I invested a lot of money into this computer that shouldn’t be causing me any issues like this.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 4:41 PM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Sethers2000

Whenever FCP crashes or starts acting strangely an easy thing to try is resetting the preferences. Hold option and command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Re-open the library you were working on, set the preferences back to the way you like them (disable background rendering, reset Import to Leave Files in Place, etc.) and see if the issue has been resolved.

If it's still misbehaving, post an Etrecheck report from https://etrecheck.com after giving it Full Disk Access in System Preferences. Use the Additional Text button below in your reply.

Final Cut Pro keeps needing to be force quit, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.