You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.1.2 battery draining(iPhone 13)

Hello, I recently updated my iPhone 13 to ios 16.1.2 and the battery is draining a lot. Is anyone experiencing this issue?

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:46 AM

7 replies

Dec 6, 2022 9:24 AM in response to siraj150

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Dec 17, 2022 3:53 AM in response to siraj150

I'm having battery drain on my (newer) SE. It happens overnight. It will drop 20-30% or more.

Try: Double check your spotlight searching. (This is similar to your macbook & indexing of content). You can disable the ability for Spotlight to search/index apps on a case by case basis. That might help w/battery drain. (I just did this and I'll see if it works).

Settings> Siri & Search and then scroll down to all your apps that are listed. Go into each app and then de-select "Learn from the App" and "Suggest App".

It could also have to do with the number of photos on your phone & the new ML algorithms that categorize photos. The more photos one has, then longer the categorization process takes. Delete duplicates and maybe offload those photos to cloud storage.

I found this article to be helpful:

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/14/ios-16-battery-drain-why-and-how-to-fix/

Let's hope this works.

Dec 31, 2022 11:28 AM in response to siraj150

I updated to 16.2 and I’m having the same issues I watched my phone go from 83% to 81% skipped over 81% and as I write this it just went down to 80%. My iPhone is at 100% battery capacity so I don’t know what’s going on or why it’s draining so fast. When I went out to run errands my phone was at 97% I’ve been out for maybe 2 hours if that it shouldn’t be down to 80% already and it’s on battery saver mode so it shouldn’t be doing this so fast

ios 16.1.2 battery draining(iPhone 13)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.