You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Apple ID password

My moms Apple ID was changed and no one knows the new password.

I have tried to ask for email but I never receive email to reset soooo

i then try to answer first security question which is birthday and that comes back wrong so I am stuck and can’t reset password. To clarify my mom is 92 and writes things down but can never find where the info is written

i really don’t know what else I can do. Help?

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 11:23 AM

Hi BASKY,

Several years age Apple transitioned to using to two factor authentication instead of security questions. If you are still using security questions and have problems with them that are not addressed in that document then your only recourse may be to see if at this stage you can change to two factor authentication as outlined in this article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support Then follow the instructions in the section "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID"

If you cannot sign up for two factor authentication, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security using the information in this document --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2022 11:23 AM in response to BSKY

Hi BASKY,

Several years age Apple transitioned to using to two factor authentication instead of security questions. If you are still using security questions and have problems with them that are not addressed in that document then your only recourse may be to see if at this stage you can change to two factor authentication as outlined in this article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support Then follow the instructions in the section "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID"

If you cannot sign up for two factor authentication, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security using the information in this document --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Resetting Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.