You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Default Save Location be Changed?

This is a cross app problem for me. But for example, if I open a Pages file from one folder, and Export it to a PDF, I expect that the PDF will be saved in the folder that I opened the original doc from. But instead it saves to the last folder where there was a document saved. This makes no sense to me and means I lose files in folders they have no business being in.

Is there any way to change this default?

Thank you...

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:26 AM

5 replies

Dec 10, 2022 7:56 AM in response to Buffsters

I have Pages file located in the Pages Folder on iCloud.

It is called Letters.

When I open the Letters file in Pages and choose Export in the PDF file format - for to image below

In this case, it will export the Pages file as A PDF and because I chose export to Pages Folder - that is where it will be found.

If you what to change the location of the Export -the Where in image will determine just where it is going

Can Default Save Location be Changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.