You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign out of managed apple ID in macOS app store after updating to Ventura

My school uses managed Apple IDs for our staff.

In the past, when setting up devices for new staff, we have signed them into their managed Apple ID during local account set up ... then signed them out of the App Store so that they could log in with a personal Apple ID and download apps as desired.

After updating devices to Ventura, we have been unable to do so for new users on a device.

When, within the App Store, I attempt to access Account Settings I get a message suggesting that "This feature isn't available with the Apple ID you're currently using."

When I access Media and Purchase via System Preferences I am routed to the same message.

Could be that this is the new normal, but I am curious if anyone has any input on the case.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 7:45 AM

I think I figured it out.

I was trying to sync my contacts on my new device as well, and the trail if followed let me to adding my personal Apple ID under "Internet Accounts" in System Settings.

Once I did that, I was able to log into the App Store with my personal Apple ID and download the apps desired.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2022 7:45 AM in response to leroydouglas

I think I figured it out.

I was trying to sync my contacts on my new device as well, and the trail if followed let me to adding my personal Apple ID under "Internet Accounts" in System Settings.

Once I did that, I was able to log into the App Store with my personal Apple ID and download the apps desired.

Dec 8, 2022 8:22 AM in response to checkto

checkto wrote:

My school uses managed Apple IDs for our staff.

In the past, when setting up devices for new staff, we have signed them into their managed Apple ID during local account set up ... then signed them out of the App Store so that they could log in with a personal Apple ID and download apps as desired.

After updating devices to Ventura, we have been unable to do so for new users on a device.

When, within the App Store, I attempt to access Account Settings I get a message suggesting that "This feature isn't available with the Apple ID you're currently using."

When I access Media and Purchase via System Preferences I am routed to the same message.

Could be that this is the new normal, but I am curious if anyone has any input on the case.

I do not see direct Apple Support for "Managed Apple IDs" independent of the contact:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

the most current associated ref I see:

https://www.hexnode.com/forums/topic/personal-work-separation-using-managed-apple-ids/

About Managed Apple IDs for education

Use Managed Apple IDs in Apple School Manager - Apple Support

sign out of managed apple ID in macOS app store after updating to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.