You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't set up Blood Oxygen on Series 7

I'm setting up a new Series 7 watch. When I tap the Blood Oxygen app it says "To set up Blood Oxygen, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone". When I open the Apple Watch app I don't see Blood Oxygen. If I search for it, I find two items: "Blood Oxygen Measurements" in Privacy, and "Blood Oxygen". When I tap the first, it takes me to Privacy, where there is no mention of blood oxygen. When I tap the second, nothing happens. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:47 PM

If you have gone through the setup doc including age and watchOS updates and location and the rest, have updated the iPhone, and restarted all, and un-paired and re-paired, and meet all the requirements, and still can’t get this to work, contact Apple Support.

7 replies

Dec 8, 2022 6:39 PM in response to Erroll

I restarted the Watch and it asked to be paired with an iPhone again(!) This time it was really quick to set up, but I'm concerned it did this.

I also restarted the iPhone and, between the two, something has changed and I now see "Blood Oxygen Measurements" in Privacy on the watch. It's enabled but it doesn't get me anywhere because the other search result, "Blood Oxygen" still doesn't link to anything; tapping it does nothing.

What should I be seeing? How are you supposed to "set up Blood Oxygen" on the iPhone?

Thanks again.

Dec 8, 2022 7:05 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks for the reply. I've made some progress. My Apple Watch series 3 was still paired to the iPhone and this seems to have been restricting the Apple Watch app from showing the Blood Oxygen app. I haven't unpaired the series 3, but shutting it down seems to have fixed that problem and I now see the Blood Oxygen app and, when I open it, I see "Blood Oxygen Measurements", which is enabled.

However, when I tap the Blood Oxygen app on the watch, I still get "To set up Blood Oxygen, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone".

I followed your link. In the Health app, where it says "tap the Browse tab, then tap Respiratory > Blood Oxygen > Enable", I only get as far far as Respiratory. On the Respiratory page, "Blood Oxygen" is in a section down the bottom headed "No Data Available" and when I tap it, it takes me to a calendar headed "No Data".

Thanks again, but I'm still stuck.

Dec 12, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Erroll

Erroll wrote:

It was your last suggestion, un-pair and re-pair, that got me there. It's a bit of a PITA and I suspected it would do nothing, but it not only fixed this problem, but another, unrelated one. Thanks for your help.

De nada.

The un-pair and re-pair is the factory reset analog of Apple Watch, and—given the Watch data is backed up onto the paired iPhone—shouldn’t lose any of your settings or collected data. It’s resolved a few weird cases with mine over the years, as well as resolving various problems other folks posting here in ASC have had.

Can't set up Blood Oxygen on Series 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.