You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing emails

Sometimes I open my mail in Mac Mail, and then leave an open message in my Inbox to re-read later. If I work in other folders and then return, the message disappears before my eyes. I check in all the folders, including Trash but it isn't there. I haven't exited Mail at any time. I would appreciate suggestions to deal with this.

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:34 PM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2022 6:05 PM in response to billfromcalgary

Hello billfromcalgary,

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article which can help with this issue: If emails appear to be missing in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. Follow this guidance:

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Dec 12, 2022 4:07 PM in response to billfromcalgary

billfromcalgary,

You mentioned that you find the emails in the inbox for an email address provided by your ISP. Is that the email address the emails were originally sent to? When setting up the Mail app, it is essentially a shell that organizes and displays for you the emails synced from your email service provider. We ask about the original address to attempt to understand the situation a bit more. Please, for privacy, don't provide your full email addresses here though.

Next, if you do close and then relaunch the Mail app do you see that email show in the inbox within in the Mail app?

Thanks.

Disappearing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.