You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

samsung ml-2165w driver

Hi

I am having trouble trying to connect my ml-2165w printer to my macbook. Any idea where i can get a driver for this printer?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 9:26 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Res61

Hi,

Unfortunately, the drivers from HP's support site for this printer are for older Mac operating systems.

You could perhaps carry out an experiment with a driver for another printer model. This may or may not work with your printer. It may be a good idea to begin by resetting the printing system (see link below).

For example, it may be worth testing whether the latest (Sep 29, 2022) V3.93.06 Samsung universal print driver for macOS 12 possibly could be used in this case.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg

The idea would be to re-add your printer and choose to use something like the ML-2160, M2020, or M2070 printer software from the package.

If the above does not work, a discussion samsung ML1670 printer driver - Apple Community may be of interest. The workaround described by Matti Haveri in the discussion (about another model) is intended to avoid a problem with a downloaded package not opening/installing under the latest operating system versions. The article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support lists a Samsung ML-2160 Series version 1.05.07 driver.

Before testing anything, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera). Software conflicts cannot be ruled out.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

samsung ml-2165w driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.