You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i unlock my Ipad that is locked. I bought 2nd hand but not from the person that has the device locked.

I bought an ipad 2nd hand and it is locked it says a password is required to activate this device because its owner has used find my iPhone to link it to their Apple ID

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 10:39 PM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2022 12:18 PM in response to newmanr80

Hello newmanr80,

It sounds like you're talking about Activation Lock. It looks like you have already visited the best article with details for removing Activation Lock. If the device is asking for an Apple ID/Password when you turn it on, then that would mean the original owner never removed it from their Apple ID account. You would need to contact them and have them remove the device from their account so it can be used again. If unable to do so, then the device would not be able to be used.

Kind regards.

How do i unlock my Ipad that is locked. I bought 2nd hand but not from the person that has the device locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.