You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Osx Monterey cannot connect to network, wireless diagnostics won’t open

I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.4. Over the past few days I’ve had intermittent network connection issues, but now have a persistent issue that I cannot overcome.

The laptop is constantly searching for a network and the Wi-Fi does not turn off and on, it just remains in the ‘search mode’ in the top bar whether toggled on or off.

When I open Network Preferences, the list of networks is gone and there is only ‘no services in this location’ and the Location drop down is empty. If I click + to add a network, it clicks but nothing pops up.

I have tried opening Wireless Diagnostics, but the app crashes on start-up. I have tried deleting the System Configuration folder (except Boot.plist), restarted several times, to no avail. I have tried restarting in safe mode, but when I select ‘Continue in Safe Mode’, the laptop does not restart, it simply goes to shut down mode. Incidentally the USB ports seem not to

work either.

Any ideas?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 2:31 AM

Q - " I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.4.

A - Well for one thing the Operating System on computer is badly out of date

A - The current version of Monterey, as of this writing, is version 12.6.1

A - It is always a good idea to keep the operating system up to date as per below link. There are several Bug Fixes and Security Update that maybe be related to this computer issue

Keep your Mac up to date

About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6.1

A - With all these issue, both Hardware and Software - suggest the user have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware / Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2022 2:31 AM in response to Worxpace

Q - " I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.4.

A - Well for one thing the Operating System on computer is badly out of date

A - The current version of Monterey, as of this writing, is version 12.6.1

A - It is always a good idea to keep the operating system up to date as per below link. There are several Bug Fixes and Security Update that maybe be related to this computer issue

Keep your Mac up to date

About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6.1

A - With all these issue, both Hardware and Software - suggest the user have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware / Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

Osx Monterey cannot connect to network, wireless diagnostics won’t open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.