You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove shortcuts from homescreen?

Hello, how do you remove shortcuts from homescreen? This video shows what it looks like from my phone, and I can't remove them. I already removed the shortcut from the shortcut app, but it still shows. Please help, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/c4vcOHcTdj8

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 11:26 AM

I’ve held down the shortcut on my Home Screen and it just says edit Home Screen. I’ve used this to replace the original app icons, and now I can’t remove it. When I choose edit Home Screen the shortcuts just shake, but with no way to remove them. I need answers because this is very frustrating. I find it interesting that a lot of people are having the same problem as me. I really hope that this isn’t a permanent issue, and I hope that there is a way to fix this. Thank you!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2023 11:26 AM in response to SurferDaniel

I’ve held down the shortcut on my Home Screen and it just says edit Home Screen. I’ve used this to replace the original app icons, and now I can’t remove it. When I choose edit Home Screen the shortcuts just shake, but with no way to remove them. I need answers because this is very frustrating. I find it interesting that a lot of people are having the same problem as me. I really hope that this isn’t a permanent issue, and I hope that there is a way to fix this. Thank you!

How to remove shortcuts from homescreen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.