You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move the backup to my new phone?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:36 AM

When you first set the new phone up, you were offered the option to restore data from an iCloud backup or a backup on a Mac or PC over to your new phone.

It sounds like you passed on that opportunity, so if you still want to restore from a backup, you will have to erase the new phone and start over again from the "hello" set up screen.

When the option to restore from an iCloud backup or backup on a computer appears on the screen, make sure to select the option you want to use. Details below:

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Andrew1207

When you first set the new phone up, you were offered the option to restore data from an iCloud backup or a backup on a Mac or PC over to your new phone.

It sounds like you passed on that opportunity, so if you still want to restore from a backup, you will have to erase the new phone and start over again from the "hello" set up screen.

When the option to restore from an iCloud backup or backup on a computer appears on the screen, make sure to select the option you want to use. Details below:

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.