You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone keep restart after i update to ios 16.2

after i update my i phone 13 pro max to ios 16.2 every 5 minutes it restarting and unexpected restart

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 10:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:10 PM

Hello hrze,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone 13 Pro Max is restarting unexpectedly with the latest iOS version installed, right?

If we have that correct, let's see if there are any updates available in the App Store. If you notice this occur after using a specific app, be sure it's updated as well to rule out if that could be related. For assistance with updating apps on your iPhone, check out this resource: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

If you have the latest app updates installed, let's see if the following steps will help out. These steps apply when you see an Apple logo or spinning gear after an unexpected restart, and you can learn more here: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

Check your hardware

On an iPhone 6 or later, check your battery health under Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

If your battery doesn't need service, and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch continues to frequently restart or turn off, contact Apple Support.

If your apps quit unexpectedly, learn what to do.

If your device has a frozen screen, doesn't respond, or becomes stuck when you turn it on, learn what to do for iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.

Let us know if this helps with what's occurring. If not, confirm which steps you've tried, and provide any additional helpful information. We'll use these details to gain a better understanding of what's happening.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2022 4:10 PM in response to hrze

Hello hrze,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone 13 Pro Max is restarting unexpectedly with the latest iOS version installed, right?

If we have that correct, let's see if there are any updates available in the App Store. If you notice this occur after using a specific app, be sure it's updated as well to rule out if that could be related. For assistance with updating apps on your iPhone, check out this resource: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

If you have the latest app updates installed, let's see if the following steps will help out. These steps apply when you see an Apple logo or spinning gear after an unexpected restart, and you can learn more here: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

Check your hardware

On an iPhone 6 or later, check your battery health under Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

If your battery doesn't need service, and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch continues to frequently restart or turn off, contact Apple Support.

If your apps quit unexpectedly, learn what to do.

If your device has a frozen screen, doesn't respond, or becomes stuck when you turn it on, learn what to do for iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.

Let us know if this helps with what's occurring. If not, confirm which steps you've tried, and provide any additional helpful information. We'll use these details to gain a better understanding of what's happening.

Take care!

my iphone keep restart after i update to ios 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.