You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri’s voice weird after iPhone update to iOS 16.2

After the iOS 16.2 update I’ve had trouble with Siri’s voice on my iPhone 12 Pro. First it was completely absent. I checked in settings and everything looks normal, but the voice and accent fields just say “Downloading” with the little disc spinning. I rebooted the phone and there is only a dull kind of ‘ding’ sound, no voice. There was a voice on Apple Car Play but it sounded tinny and robotic. Nothing out of the phone when not connected to Apple Car Play.

I turned off Siri and set her up again, but the result is the same, and the Voice and Accent are still “Downloading”

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 19, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Mummoo

Hey there Mummoo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, does the Siri Voice remain downloading when connected to Wi-Fi, cellular, or both? If possible, would you be able to test the issue while connected to another Wi-Fi network? This can help ensure that the issue isn't network related.

If the issue persists on multiple networks, then based on the information you've provided, and steps you've gone through, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly from this link: Get Support - Apple

Take care!

Siri’s voice weird after iPhone update to iOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.