You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save a photo into IOS Photos for Mac?

Q: How do I automatically acquire photos downloaded from an email, into my IOS photos on my MBP?

BACKGROUND:

Long time IOS user, but this constantly frustrates me. I use gmail, and if someone shares a photo with me via email, I want to download it into my IOS Photos.

I click on the photo, title it, click Save -- and it's in Downloads but NOT in my Photos.

What am I doing wrong??

I want to have these photos available to share elsewhere, just as usual.

Yes, I already restarted my laptop.

Yes, it's all up to date.

Yes, I already completely closed and reopened the Photos app.

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 11:50 PM

You may want to use Apple Mail instead of gmail on your Mac.

When I select and ctrl-click attached photos or videos in Apple Mail, I can use the command "Add to Photos" and the selected items will be saved directly to Photos. I can also drag the attached photos directly from the open email window into an album in the open Photos window to save them to Photos. I do not use gmail, so I cannot test, if there is a similar command available.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2022 11:50 PM in response to kridgeway3

You may want to use Apple Mail instead of gmail on your Mac.

When I select and ctrl-click attached photos or videos in Apple Mail, I can use the command "Add to Photos" and the selected items will be saved directly to Photos. I can also drag the attached photos directly from the open email window into an album in the open Photos window to save them to Photos. I do not use gmail, so I cannot test, if there is a similar command available.

How to save a photo into IOS Photos for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.