You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Remote Desktop

I use Remote Desktop on my iMac Pro to control my Windows PC across my local wired network, and I'm feeling a bit lazy, so here's my question:

Can I add an Alias to my Mac's desktop which would open the RDP app and connect to the remote machine in one go, without the usual three-step approach, please?

Thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 8:09 AM

I don't see any way to access the RDP connections outside of the App which is technically sandboxed in macOS and the App uses proprietary files and SQLite database storage to contain the configured RDP connections.

However, there is an option to pin the RDP connection manager to the Menu Bar while the App is running. So keep Microsoft Remote Desktop running and click the ellipsis drop down menu and choose Pin to Menu Bar. That will give you two clicks to reach a connection.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Nightowl4933

I don't see any way to access the RDP connections outside of the App which is technically sandboxed in macOS and the App uses proprietary files and SQLite database storage to contain the configured RDP connections.

However, there is an option to pin the RDP connection manager to the Menu Bar while the App is running. So keep Microsoft Remote Desktop running and click the ellipsis drop down menu and choose Pin to Menu Bar. That will give you two clicks to reach a connection.

MS Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.