You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People are not getting my invite to shared albums

Recipients are not getting invite to shared album

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:30 AM

3 replies

Dec 19, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Graffick

Hello Graffick,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with invites to a shared album. Have you tried restarting your iPhone? This simple step resolves a multitude of issues: Restart your iPhone

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

If that doesn't resolve the issue, does your iPhone need updating to iOS 16.2? Do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2022 11:56 AM in response to K_Faith

I have the same problem. It seems to only affect my account. I can receive notifications from others who create a shared album, but whenever I create one, it doesn’t work. I have tried restarting my device, I toggled Shared Album on/off in Photo settings, and checked that all of my devices and my family have the latest software versions. (currently iOS 16.2). Nothing seems to work. I can make the shared album and add photos, but no one else can see it.

I also cannot make the shared album public. When I toggle “Public Website”, a spinner appears for about 10 seconds and then disappears with no error and the toggle remains off.

People are not getting my invite to shared albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.