You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 13 Pro not responsive after pressing side lock button

i have iPhone 13 pro and whenever I lock the phone using the side button, the touch screen becomes unresponsive and I am not able to get out from Lock Screen using the swipe. If I let the phone auto lock after 30 seconds the phone screen is responsive to swipe after the faceid unlock. When phone is unresponsive the only way to fix the issue is to restart the phone using up/down volume and power button. This is very strange and happens only when the side lock button is pressed.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 10:48 AM

I have done all of these basic steps, like update IOS to latest software, restart the phone multiple times, restore to factory settings and sync with latest backup etc.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 20, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Arviapple

Hello Arviapple,

To help resolve this issue, make sure your iPhone has the latest iOS update. Apple's updates contain software that is crucial to the operation of your iPhone and can resolve many issues. This article shows you how: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

This article also helps when your iPhone is unresponsive: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen

Best Regards.

IPhone 13 Pro not responsive after pressing side lock button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.