You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

relocate users directory

How does one change the Users directory location in Ventura? I know how to do it in previous versions (I'm running Monterey 12.6.2) but I can't find where to do it in Ventura. I want to upgrade but I have my Users directory on an external SSD and there isn't enough free space on the boot drive to hold the data from the SSD. If it is no longer supported, the upgrade can't happen.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 2:53 PM

4 replies

Dec 19, 2022 5:08 PM in response to paxtonch56

Thanks for the reply. I noticed it is a bit different in that you have to hold the Control key then click on the user name to get the Advanced Options button. After that it's the same screen.

That's the same as it has always been. I have never seen another way.

Just as described, here: Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

Curious as to how you did it before.

relocate users directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.