You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple Cinema Display to MAC Mini

I want to purchase a new MAC Mini for Video Editing and will need to connect to my Apple LED Cinema Display. The Cinema Display has a fixed cable with a MALE Mini Display Port Connector. The Mini Display Port Connector is MALE on the display . so I am hoping someone might know where I can get an Adaptor to connect the new MAC Mini to the LED Display.

Regards

Fred

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 3:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 8:34 AM

The Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not support the Mini DisplayPort Cinema Display.

see the Note: at > Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Some third-party Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters say they do, but I haven't personally tested any.

see > https://www.amazon.com/USBCele-DisplayPort-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Advanced/dp/B07VPYJV8V/ref=sr_1_4?

Personally I would seriously consider replacing the old Cinema display with a newer Display to use with a new Mac mini.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Frederick0245

The Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not support the Mini DisplayPort Cinema Display.

see the Note: at > Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Some third-party Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters say they do, but I haven't personally tested any.

see > https://www.amazon.com/USBCele-DisplayPort-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Advanced/dp/B07VPYJV8V/ref=sr_1_4?

Personally I would seriously consider replacing the old Cinema display with a newer Display to use with a new Mac mini.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

Connect Apple Cinema Display to MAC Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.